Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for Canada (01 Mar 2016)

Starting 15 March 2016, the Government of Canada imposes a new Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) requirement for passengers flying to or transit through Canada.

The entry requirement states:
 Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an eTA. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa.
 eTA exemption will only be eligible to foreign nationals who transit through Canada under Transit Without Visa (TWOV) or China Transit Program (CTP).
 People having dual nationalities must travel and be checked-in using their Canadian passport.